- XLRI tied up with Reliance WebWorld to offer a 14-months Post-Graduate Certificate Course in Logistics Supply Chain Managment on a 2-way virtual classroom platform to practicing managers. The course start in October '05, and will be available in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ch.nnai, Hyderabad and Pune. Prof TAS Vijayaraghavan is the coordinator of the course.
- XLRI entered into an agreement with Accenture to design and deliver a 12-month Certification Course in Human Capital Management. The course, first of its kind in India, will be customised to the specific requirements of BPO industry, and will be offfered to selected HR professionals of Accenture. The course will be coordinated by Prof Madhukar Shukla.
Rural Programme Initiative:
- The First Rural Programme Initiative was launched with the 05-07 of students. The purpose of this initiative is to sensitize the students to the 'reality on the other side'. During this term, all students from the new batch visited and stayed for 2-3 days in the villages. They interacted with villagers, with NGOs, local officials - and came back refreshed, shocked, reflective, and educated.
- Dr Ram Kumar Kakani was judged for the AIMS Best Young Teacher Award 2005.
- Dr TAS Vijayaraghavan was nominated the Education Chairperson of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals in India.
- Dr Ashis Pani published a book "Real Estate Market: New Economy New Business" (co-authored with Prof Biswajit Das - Excel Books, 2005)
- Dr Ram Kumar Kakani published the book "Financial Accounting for Management" (co-authored with Prof N Ramachandran - Tata McGraw Hill, 2005)
- Fr Paul Fernandes, S.J., published the book "Economic Ethics and the Moral Perspectives of the Golden Rule".
Additions to Faculty:
- Dr ML Agarwal rejoined the Institute in Marketing Area after being on lien for last few years.
- Dr Himanshu Rai joined XLRI as a full-time faculty in PM&IR Area.
- Dr Trishit Bandyopadhyay joined XLRI as full-time faculty in Production & Operations Management Area.
- Dr Amita Mital joined XLRI as a a full-time faculty in Strategic Management Area.
- Fr. Theo Mathias, S.J., passed away on July 6th, 2005. Fr Mathias was the Director of XLRI during 1978-81, and since then had been a Professor at XL, and also the editor of Management & Labout Studies.
Dr Madhukar Shukla
Professor (OB & Strategic Management)