Wednesday, November 09, 2005

check out http://www.abhishekdasgupta.com/

From: "Mohan Monteiro"
Date: Tue Nov 8, 2005 3:16 pm
Subject: check out the website...

http://www.abhishekdasgupta.com/

bose (aka abhishek dasgupta) from the 2002 IR batch has put tremendous fight
to create this...definitely worth a dekko.


Here's a sampling of what to expect.....


Welcome to the first edition of my webmag...
…and it has taken me a while to get here myself!!

I’ve wanted to do this for a while now, create a website; a sort of playground for my creative side. It started 4 years ago at B-school campus, designing a basic photo-sharing website. The site was www.pixelonline.f2s.com and it quickly became a repository of memories for friends at campus, a collection of the good times, the tough times, of that time in our lives. It was hosted on a free server, but its popularity caused some alumni funding to come my way, to create a larger, more comprehensive website with a dedicated server.

As the story continued, www.xlripixel.com went on to become the ‘unofficial official’ website for XLRI …whether one was a new applicant looking for information, or an old student looking for memories and milestones. A lot of work went into that site, from researching the history of XLRI, to keeping abreast of latest developments at campus or in the curriculum.

From there went on to form a little photography club – Pixel …..It’s still very much in action at the XL campus…not so little now of course…a lot of emotions invested there for me! In those days owning a camera and pursuing photography as a hobby was sort of an expensive option, for a kid just out of architecting campus and fresh into B school. I bought my first camera, a Nikon FM 10, with the money from my Summer Internship at Chennai…..and that’s how pixelonline happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails