- The XLRI@NETTECH Certification Program: XLRI, in association with NETTECH, concluded a 30-day summer course on Network Management (Linux Environment) on June 14th, 2005. The certification program was attended by 220 students, from around 20 engineering colleges from all over India. The program was coordinated by Prof Ashis Pani (Sytems Area, XLRI).
- Prof HK Pradhan, Finance Area, is proceeding on a one-year lien from the institute. Prof Pradhan will be taking up the assignment as Advisor (Debt Management & Fiscal Policy), Commonwealth Secretariat, London for the South-Pacific Region, and will be located in Fiji & London.
- Dr Rajiv Mishra joined XLRI as full-time faculty in Operations Management area.
- Dr Suma & Uday Damodaran joined XLRI as full-time faculty in Economics and Finance Areas, respectively. Prior to joining XLRI, they were teaching at IIM, Kozhikde. With their joining the Institute, XLRI has now 43 full-time faculty on rolls.
- Fr Paul J Fernandes, SJ, Finance Area (and also an alumnus of 1986 batch) has been appointed as the Associate Dean for Students's Affair, and will be in-charge of hostels and students' activities.
- New Names on Campus:
XL Campus buildings have finally acquired a name and identity:
Father Enright Men’s Residence (the Old Men's/Boy's Hostel - the "original" hostel)
Saint Thomas Men’s Residence (the new Hostel, till recently called GH-3)
Nilima Acharji Women’s Residence (the old Girls'/Ladies Hostel, next to Enright Hall)
Mother Teresa Women’s Residence (the New LH)
Father Prabhu Hall (the new name of the Examination Hall)
SC Sarkar Gymnasium (the new Gymnasium building, with indoor badminton court)
- GMP Convocation:
The 4th Batch of 1-Year Full-Time General Management Program (Executive MBA) for practicing executives convocated on May 3rd, 2005.
- Preparatory Program for 2007 batch:
Since last year, XLRI had started a 10-day optional preparatory program for the incoming students to help them inducted, settle down and gell as a batch. Like last year, this year also more than 150 students (out of a PM/BM combined batch of 180+) have opted to attend. The program starts of June 15th.
- The regular teaching term will start from June 27th.