· PL Barua (70PMIR) assumed charge as the Executive Director of the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Assam Oil Division).
· RS Thakur (72BMD) took over as Executive Director of TACO, the Tata auto-component company.
· Jagdish Dore (73BMD) was appointed the CEO & Managing Director of Matrix Laboratories Ltd. (of Mylan Group).
· Madhukar Kamath (76BMD) Managing Director & CEO of the Mudra Group, was elected as the President of Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI).
· S Nandkumar (76BMD) was elected the President of Institute of Management Consultants of India (
· Bipin Lal (78BMD) was appointed as the Managing Director, Nitrex Chemicals India.
· Prakash Puram (78BMD), President & CEO, iXmatch Inc., was invited to join the Advisory Council on Small Business & Labour of the Federal Reserve Bank of
· Prabhakar Jain (81BMD) joined as the Chairman and Managing Director, Goodyear India Ltd.
· Aneeta Madhok (81PMIR) joined as the Dean, Center for Human Resources (Dubai & Singapore), SP Jain Center of Management.
· NS Rajan (83BMD), Partner (Human Capital), Ernst & Young, was chosen as Global Leader-HR Advisory of Ernst & Young. He was also elected the President (Northern Region), National HRD Network.
· Jaspal Bindra (84BMD) took over as the Head-Asia Region, Standard Chartered Bank.
· K Pandiarajan (84PMIR), Founder-CEO of MaFoi Consulting, was inducted into the Board of Madras Stock Exchange Limited as one of its Directors.
· K Shankar (84PMIR) joined Airtel as the Director (HR).
· Radha Krishnan Nair (84PMIR) joined as the Chief HR Officer of Tata Steel. He was also inducted into the Board of Governors of XLRI.
· Vineet Nayar (85BMD) took over as the CEO, HCL Technologies Ltd from its founder, Shiv Nadar.
· Mahesh Nair (86BMD) published his book of photographs Let There Be Light: Exploring Nature Through Light (Roli Books).
· Sandra (Sequeira) Mahadwar (86PMIR), Sr Director (HR) with KLA-Tencor Corp., was selected to receive the 2008 YWCA’s Silicon Valley Tribute to Women Award, for Executive Leadership.
· Arjun Trivedi (87BMD) was appointed the Head of Nokia Siemens Network,
· Srinivas Duvvari (87BM-Eve) took over as the Managing Director of Rolls-Royce India Ltd.
· Ernest Louise (87PMIR) was appointed as the Global Head (HR) for Essel Propack Ltd.
· Ronald Mark D’Souza (87PMIR) took over as the Vice President (HR), Alcatel-Lucent (
· Anurag Parashar (88BMD) took over as the Chief Officer, Customer Management Systems and Shared Infrastructure for all telecom businesses of Bharti Airtel Ltd.
· M Shankar Prasad (88BMD) joined Tata Communications Ltd (formerly VSNL) as President, Broadband.
· Amar Babu (89BMD) was appointed as the Managing Director of Lenova
· Satish Nambisan (89PMIR) published his book The Global Brain: Your Roadmap for Innovating Faster & Smarter in a Networked World (Wharton School Publishing).
· Sutapa Banerjee (89PMIR), Head of Private Banking at ABN Amro Bank, was nominated among 20 most successful, rising wealth managers in the world by leading international business magazine, The Institutional Investor.
· Amitabh Jaipuria (89BMD) joined as the Managing Director of Monsanto India Ltd.
· Ajay Bagga (90BMD), CEO of Lotus India Asset Management Co Pvt. Ltd., was elected the Vice Chairman of Financial Planning Standards Board of India.
· Ashish Khera (90BMD) took over as the CFO of Microsoft
· VS Sridhar (90BMD) was appointed the Chief Operating Officer of the VSNL Global Services.
· R Chandrasekar (90PMIR) took over as the Group Head (HR) of the Noor Islamic Bank (Dubai Investment Group),
· Sudip Mall (91BMD) joined as Country Manager (
· V Chandramouli (91BMD) was appointed as the Director (HR) of Cadbury
· Jayaram Philkana (91PMIR) took over as the Director (HR) of Cargill Inc.’s Health & Nutrition business at MN,
· NT Arunkumar (91PMIR) took over as CEO of Dun & Bradstreet.
· Ramesh Soundarajan (91PMIR) joined as the Vice President (HR) of Trianz
· Ravi Parmeshwar (91PMIR) joined Cargill
· Lokesh Jindal (92BMD) returned from
· Leena Nair (92PMIR) took over as the Executive Director (HR) of Hindustan Unilever Ltd., thus becoming the youngest and the first woman director in HUL’s Board. She was also featured in the Business Today’s “25 Most Powerful Women in Indian Business List”.
· Sabyasachi Nag (92PMIR) published his first book of poems Bloodlines with Writers' Workshop.
· Salil Raghavan (92PMIR) took over as the Head (HR) of Great Eastern Shipping.
· Sadashiv Nayak (93BDM) joined the Pantaloon Retail India Ltd, as the CEO, Food Bazaar.
· Sharat Dhall (93BMD) was appointed as the Managing Director (
· NV Krishna (93BMD) joined EXL Holding Inc. (NY,
· Amitabh Hajela (93PMIR) joined as the Vice President and Global Head of Human Resources of the ExlService Holdings, Inc,
· Uday Shankar Sinha (94BMD) took over as Executive Director of PepsiCo
· Biplob Banerjee (94PMIR) joined Nokia Siemens Networks as Director (HR – Global Services,
· Raj Ambekar (94PMIR) moved to the shipping & logistics company, Maersk, as the Head (HR) for
· Naveen Kumar (94PMIR) took over as the Vice President (HR) of Lehman Brothers,
· V Satish (94PMIR) took over as Sr Vice President (Global HR & Recruiting) at AztecSoft.
· Ramki Sundaram (95BMD) was appointed the CEO of Air Deccan.
· Suman Bose (95BMD) joined Dassault Systemes (part of French Dassault Group) as the Country Head –
· Brajesh Bajpai (96BMD) moved into an enlarged role as the Head of Middle East and North Africa Region of Marico’s International Business.
· Ketan Awalegaonkar (98BMD) joined McKinsey & Co. as Associate Principle & Leader for North American Operations Practice,
· Indraneel Roy (98PMIR) took over as the Global Head of Hewitt Leadership Consulting.
· Gaurav Lahiri (00PMIR) was elected as the Partner, Hay Group. He also co-authored the book The Indian CEO: Portrait of Excellence (Sage Books).
· Kulshaan Singh (01PMIR) took over as the Country Manager (
· Tanmay Prusty (06BMD), Sales Manager with ITC, won the south zone BusinessToday ACUMEN 2007, and was the runner-up in the national finals.
· Jishnu Dasgupta (06BMD), Sales Manager with ITC, and joined as bass guitarist and backing vocals with the Hindi Band “Swarathma”, which won the Best Band prize in All India City Radio Finals.